Are you an experienced innovator looking for a way to spend all your time doing something you love? At Lean Startup Co, we’re seeking a talented innovation consultant who is excited to
- Train, coach, and consult directly with our clients in learning the Lean Startup mindset, tools, and framework to build sustainable businesses
- Further our efforts in building scalable LS training and coaching curriculum/program
- Help us achieve our mission to transform the way people think, work, and solve problems in the 21st century.
Who we are:
Born from the global movement spawned by bestselling-author Eric Ries, Lean Startup Company offers a number of different education formats/options -- consulting services, training, coaching, and events -- for learning about Lean Startup principles, which provide a cutting edge, scientific framework for innovation. They’re a crucial set of management tools for the 21st century, designed to help organizations of all sizes build a scalable and sustainable future for themselves.
We provide year-round transformative practices focused on impact, outcomes, learning, and the mindset necessary to help companies thrive in a fast-paced environment. We serve every size company and sector of the economy — from the aspiring entrepreneur to high-growth startups, nonprofits, and large bureaucratic institutions. We support our highly-engaged community with professional, practical content, and live events and connect them with experts who can support them on their Lean Startup journey.
Who are we seeking?
We’re seeking an experienced practitioner who will further Lean Startup Co.s delivery of innovation services to our clients around the world.
The position is a 100% remote, full-time role, with a competitive salary and unlimited PTO. We ask that you’re 1) located in the U.S. 2) available to communicate during Pacific Time business hours 3) able to travel extensively
We are a fast growing startup. In order to be successful in this role,
- You must have both a deep knowledge and experience applying Lean Startup
- You’re excited to help us grow our scalable training and coaching curriculum/program.
- You have experience with, and enjoy working for a young, growing startup. You love that some processes haven’t yet been put in place and are excited to be involved with building and setting the foundation of the future of our company.
Senior Consultant Experience Required
- At least eight (8) years experience driving innovation inside organizations.
- Able to support and lead senior-level customer calls, build and maintain relationships with client contacts and identify new potential opportunities with client companies.
- Strategic thinker able to drive large scale company transformations
- Impeccable reliability, responsibility and professionalism.
- Expert in workshop development (curriculum) and facilitation. Experience teaching Lean Startup methods in one (1) to three (3) day workshop.
- Comfortable working with diverse project teams and can draw from past experience and case studies to address actual problems with the client.
- Demonstrable ability to apply Lean Startup methods across a diverse set of industries and organization types.
- Experience successfully leading and/or coaching a cross-functional Lean Startup team, and delivering measurable and impactful results.
- Advanced expertise and experience scaling Lean Startup within an organization
- Excellent coach able to work effectively with individuals up and down the organizational hierarchy, from product/project teams to executives. A minimum of three (3) years of experience coaching Lean Startup methods in a large organization and on a startup or startup project. Able to coach both team performance and team dynamics.
- Deep knowledge of and experience consulting on portfolio management and modern governance practices.
- Able to manage challenging situations and build credibility with project teams, projects leads and stakeholders.
You’ll fit right into this role and our team if:
- You believe in our mission and are excited to be part of a movement we believe can empower us all to solve the world’s biggest problems.
- You love the balance you’ll need in this role; a mix of big picture, strategic thinking and rolling up your sleeves and getting into the details.
- You’re a communication master. You understand what it takes to communicate and thrive on a 100% remote start up team - avoiding jargon, valuing brevity in emails and speaking live when needed. You understand the importance of clearly and frequently communicating blockers, impact, wins, and timelines.
- You are brave and bold, adaptive and eager to embark into unknown territory, seeing challenges as opportunities to grow and be better.
- You’re curious and resourceful. You have a bias for action, love solving problems and are excited to practice Lean Startup methods in our everyday work.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and urgency as it relates to the health of the company.
- You possess high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- You assume good intentions, are open to feedback, take ownership of your mistakes, and love applying your lessons learned to get 10x better.
- You have a keen ability to manage competing and changing priorities.
- You are assertive, fair, and capable of directing others and implementing projects with little to no supervision.
- You work well with cross-functional teams and hold yourself accountable for your actions.
- Familiarity with and enjoy working remotely and collaboratively (Slack, Zoom, Google apps).
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
1) We encourage growth.
- If it’s your dream to become a leader in an organization, this is the role for you. We seek people who want to be promoted and grow with us.
- We believe in empowering you and arming you with the resources you need to excel in your role.
- We work hard while we’re in the office but also work hard to not bother you when you’re out. We encourage unplugging and prefer you don’t check email while you’re off the clock.
3) Big impact.
- If you’ve ever wanted to be in the middle of a legacy-making organization, this position is for you. The work we do will go down in history as powerfully transformative.
- We are a startup with global brand recognition headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Our global community will give you a front row seat to the challenges they’re facing around innovation.
*Note - We understand that you are eager to hear back from us. We receive a lot of applications and cannot respond to all of them. Please do not reach out to us regarding your application. If there is a mutual fit, we will contact you to move forward with the next steps in the process.