Who are we?
Born from the global movement spawned by bestselling-author Eric Ries, Lean Startup Company offers the most exciting education solutions in modern management available today.
We help advance Lean Startup principles, which provide a cutting edge, scientific framework for innovation and customer development so organizations of all sizes can effectively adapt and adjust before it’s too late.
Our year-round education efforts transform how organizations work by arming them with an entrepreneurial methodology. We serve every size company and sector of the economy — from the the aspiring entrepreneur to high-growth startups, nonprofits, and large bureaucratic institutions. They look to us for practical lessons in modern management. We serve our highly-engaged community with professional, practical content and live events and by connecting leaders with experts who can coach them in Lean Startup.
Who are we seeking?
We have a hearty community of enthusiastic followers who come to us for the latest entrepreneurial discoveries and discussion topics. We’re looking for a Digital Marketer who has experience owning and driving growth at a small growing startup and is excited to take Lean Startup Co’s digital marketing strategies to the next level.
Our team is small - your role matters to us and will offer significant growth. This is a 100% remote, contract-to-hire role, but we ask that you’re 1) located in the U.S. and 2) available to communicate during Pacific Time business hours.
As our resident Digital Marketing expert, you’re excited to amp up the effectiveness of our existing marketing efforts and will work closely with the Co-founder, the Content/editorial team to drive experimentation with additional channels. You’ll make recommendations on where to go next to help us increase event and brand awareness and help us reach more people we can help who haven’t yet heard of us.
You’ll be empowered to choose the channels and types of experiments you want to run to increase traffic, drive conference ticket sales, and ultimately drive revenue.
This sounds like a dream job! What skill set and experience will demonstrate to you that I have the digital marketing chops to help Lean Startup Co.?
- You consider yourself a direct response marketing expert and have experience owning and driving growth at a small growing startup.
- You’re resourceful - likely you’ve been the first digital marketing hire (or were part of a very small team). You don’t need a large budget to achieve great results. You understand what it means to be part of a small team at a growing startup and are excited to drive a variety of digital marketing campaigns and initiatives, including documenting best practices, processes and workflows.
- Your digital marketing expertise and curiosity is taking you into the growth marketing realm with testing at its’ core. At a minimum, you consider yourself a direct response marketer expert and you’ve already mastered social media and email marketing inside out and can speak to your results. Bonus, if you have experience with event marketing, coordinating webcasts and managing a community.
- You know how to set up high functioning experiments designed for high tempo testing, to continuously launch, analyze, optimize and scale (Mindless growth that doesn’t move the needle for the business doesn’t impress you, nor us!).
- It’s important to you to deeply understand your business, its main drivers, and your audience.
- You’re data driven but understand that it’s not just about hitting metrics, but driving real business value.
- You’re able to explain in layman’s terms, the many creative ways you’ve successfully driven growth by deeply understanding the customer lifecycle and meeting your audience where they are.
- You've been told you have a knack of matching to brand voice and writing engaging copy with compelling CTAs.
- Your voice makes our community excited to hear from us whether it be about a piece of content or upcoming event.
- Your persuasive copy paired with your growth hacking tactics will significantly increase traffic and meaningful reach across the most important channels.
- You already live and breathe the LS mindset.
- You can share examples of how you constantly prioritize and rapidly test ideas and choose which to pursue and which to cut.
- You aren’t afraid to take calculated risks to try new things. You aren’t married to particular types of channels based on what has worked in the past.
- You’re determined to find the most important levers to drive meaningful and sustainable growth.
You’ll fit right into this role and our team if:
- You have experience with, and ENJOY working for a young, growing startup. You must love balancing the big picture, strategic thinking with rolling up your sleeves and getting into the details.
- You’re curious and resourceful. You LOVE solving problems and aren’t afraid to admit you’re obsessed with getting the details right.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and urgency as it relates to the health of the company.
- You possess high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- You are open to feedback, take ownership of your mistakes, and love applying your lessons learned to get 10x better.
- You have a keen ability to manage competing and changing priorities.
- You are assertive, fair, and capable of directing others and implementing projects with little to no supervision.
- You work well with cross-functional teams and hold yourself accountable for your actions.
- 5-7+ years in a growth marketing role with significant business results
- Strong analytical skills and passion for using data to drive growth
- Strong direct response marketing experience
- Experience performance marketing activities, organic first, paid is a plus
- Proven success in leading continuous improvement of customer funnel and lifecycle metrics including conversion rates, acquisition cost, and retention.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience increasing event ticket sales
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
- We encourage growth.
- If it’s your dream to become a leader in an organization, this is the role for you. We seek people who want to be promoted and grow with us.
- You’ll have your very own Lean Startup coach to support practicing Lean Startup methods in achieving growth outcomes.
- You can work from wherever you want in the U.S., as long as you have a working laptop and solid internet connection and are available to communicate during Pacific Time business hours.
- We’re a 100% remote team using fun collaborative tools.
- We encourage unplugging and prefer you don’t check email while you’re off the clock.
- Big impact.
- If you’ve ever wanted to be in the middle of a legacy-making organization, this position is for you. The work we do will go down in history as powerfully transformative.
- We are a startup with global brand recognition headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Our global community will give you a front row seat to the challenges they’re facing around innovation. Better yet, you get to help them solve their problems.
*Note - We understand that you are eager to hear back from us. We receive a lot of applications and cannot respond to all of them. Please do not reach out to us regarding your application. If there is a mutual fit, we will contact you to move forward with the next steps in the process.