Born from the global movement spawned by Eric Ries’ books, Lean Startup Company offers the most exciting education solutions in modern management available today. We bring the entrepreneurial spirit to all types of organizations and help them transform how they work. Our education efforts, media and live events serve every size company and sector of the economy - from the the aspiring entrepreneur to high-growth startups, nonprofits, and large bureaucratic institutions.
A cutting-edge methodology, Lean Startup principles provide a scientific approach to problem-solving and a framework for innovation, so you can learn what your customers really want. It’s about testing your vision continuously, so you can effectively adapt and adjust before it’s too late.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our annual Lean Startup Conference brings the big ideas from Eric Ries’s books off the page to show how organizations are making them real around the world. Alongside keynotes and case studies, we offer workshops for an immersive experience, breaking off a chunk of practice and working through it with seasoned experts. We bring the world’s brightest minds in entrepreneurial management together with entrepreneurs and corporate innovators, in one place, to share challenges, inspiration and and learning.
As the Lean Startup movement grows, there is an increasing need to connect those who want to learn with those who want to help them move towards working the Startup Way. And Lean Startup Co. is the answer.
As the seasoned full-time Executive Producer for Lean Startup Co, you’ll be the mastermind behind the aforementioned flagship conference. You’ll connect entrepreneurs and corporate innovators with inspiring Lean Startup experts. You’ll design an unforgettable experience that’ll have them signing up year after year.
You’re our ideal candidate if you’re excited to practice what we preach and help us identify how we can reach more people, make more impact and solve the world’s biggest problems.
As our in-house Executive Producer you will own and drive the following major initiatives:
- Annual flagship conference (executive producer)
- International partner summits (strategy and advisory)
You’ll thrive in this role if you have a high level of success in these five areas of core competency:
- Track record of complete ownership of all aspects of major event production
- Proven ability to oversee concept, design, operations, finance, editorial, marketing, media, coordination of production and technical aspects, and directing of staff (venues, clients, vendors, technicians, internal team, etc.)
- Track record of creativity and innovation in major event production
- You’ve created a program and experience for a 1,000+ person conference that attracts new attendees, addresses emerging trends, and features high-quality speakers and industry experts.
- Although you can demonstrate that you always nail both the quantitative and technical aspects, you also pride yourself on your ability to impress attendees with the visual aspects of an event.
- Track record of leading and managing a successful event team
- You have significant experience with and enjoy recruiting, hiring and developing a high performing team
- Demonstration of business acumen and financially savvy
- Not only are you an event extraordinaire, but you are also financially savvy. You set and manage realistic budgets, utilize a PO system and believe in and practice financial stewardship.
- You understand the importance of metrics, leading indicators and how to tie ticket sales, sponsorship goals, and your team’s performance to achieve revenue goals.
- Data-Driven Marketing
- You have a marketing mindset and love using data to make smart decisions and achieve desired outcomes.
As the Executive Producer, you will champion addressing the needs of our community through:
- Managing and overseeing all event production, including live 2,000+-person Annual Flagship Conference (next scheduled conference is Fall 2018).
- Produce all events from conception to execution, with livestream.
- Oversee strategy to support the success of international summit partner events.
- Managing and overseeing a marketing team to
- Ensure our global community of entrepreneurs understands the value proposition of our live experiences by leveraging editorial content.
- Conduct customer development, analyze past conference data and trends, run experiments, and set milestones and outcomes.
- Leverage relevant tools to promote events such as social channels, digital marketing plan and logistics, event website, AMAs, webcasts, blogs, etc.
You’ll fit right into this role and our team if:
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where we love challenging ourselves (in Lean Startup fashion) to build, measure, and learn.
- You LOVE solving problems and aren’t afraid to admit you are obsessed with getting the details right.
- You believe in and practice financial stewardship and have a deep understanding of the business side of production.
- You believe in the importance of aligning your work with company goals, and the integrity of the brand.
- You possess high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- You are a natural leader and have a track record of developing and mentoring teams:
- You are assertive, fair, and capable of directing others and implementing projects with little to no supervision.
- You have a keen ability to set priorities across functions, to lead and work well with cross-functional teams.
- You have a positive leadership style, hold yourself accountable for your actions, encourage the team to learn from mistakes, and recognize your team for their efforts.
- You have experience with and enjoy managing a remote team and leading team onsites.
- BA/BS in Marketing or Business preferred
- 5-8+ years of experience leading creative and production teams
- 5+ years in managing Corporate Events or Tech events
- Executive level communication, interpersonal and delegation skills.
- Must have experience with and enjoy recruiting, hiring and developing a high performing team.
- Must have ability to juggle and prioritize many different tasks simultaneously, and enjoy collaborating with a wide range of teams.
- Familiarity with and enjoy working collaboratively (Slack, Zoom, Google apps).
- Experience working with union regulations.
- Bonus if you have experience in Lean Startup, tech and innovation space.
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
- We encourage growth.
- If it’s your dream to become a leader in an organization, this is the role for you. We seek people who want to be promoted and grow with us.
- You’ll have your very own Lean Startup coach to support practicing Lean Startup methods in achieving event outcomes (i.e., A/B testing, leading indicators, actionable metrics, etc.)
- You can work from wherever you want, as long as you have a working laptop and solid internet connection.
- We’re a 100% remote team using fun collaborative tools.
- We encourage unplugging for vacation and prefer you don’t check email while you’re away.
- Big impact.
- If you’ve ever wanted to be in the middle of it all and leave a legacy, this is it. The work we do will go down in history as powerfully-transformative.
- We are a startup with global brand recognition headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Our global community will give you a front row seat to the challenges they’re facing around innovation. Better yet, you get to help them solve their problems.
The position is full-time remote, but we ask that you’re 1) located in the U.S. and 2) available to communicate during Pacific Time business hours.
*Note - We understand that you are eager to hear back from us. We receive a lot of applications and cannot respond to all of them. Please do not reach out to us regarding your application. If there is a mutual fit, we will contact you to move forward with the next steps in the process.